Title: Lab Instructor/Training Specialist
Client: Georgia Water & Wastewater Institute (GWWI)
Location: Carrollton, Georgia (in-person)
Georgia Water & Wastewater Institute (GWWI) (https://www.gwwi.org) is a subsidiary of the Georgia Association of Water Professionals (GAWP), a non-profit dedicated to improving water professional ability through training. We are looking for Instructors to help train the current and future generation of operators and industry personnel at our Carrollton, GA facility. However, GWWI is willing to discuss hybrid working options with candidates not wishing to relocate to Carrollton, GA. This position will teach lab courses related to water/wastewater.
What we offer:
- Salary range $60k - $70k per year, depending on experience
- PTO - Earned at the rate of 14 hours per month to cover sick leave and vacation time.
- Holidays - 8 paid holidays as well as the full week between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Retirement - GAWP provides a defined contributions retirement plan, with GAWP contributions equal to 15% of your salary.
- Cell Phone - We include a monthly stipend of $40 to cover use of your cell phone for GAWP business.
- Insurance - GAWP offers all full-time employees group health insurance and covers the full premium for the employee, 50% for spouse, and 80% for dependent children. Also offered is dental, vision, life, and long-term disability.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
What you’ll be doing:
- Deliver training to a diverse audience of adults working in the field of water and wastewater operations, including week-long in-person trainings, webinars, and occasional travel for off-site trainings
- Updating and developing curriculum, training materials, classroom demonstrations, and presentations to stay current with state water and wastewater regulations and best practices
- Maintain and operate all training equipment at the training facility
- Ensure students’ overall safety and comfort while receiving instruction
What you’ll need to succeed:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience (lab operations)
- Must be comfortable working in a lab conducting chemistry experiments
- Experience with teaching, training, or instructing is preferred
- Must be proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite, especially PowerPoint
- Must have strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to understand and explain math and science related to water and wastewater operations (physics, chemistry, biology)
- State or National Certification(s) in water and wastewater are desired, but not required
- The ability to maintain and operate equipment by lifting, bending, crawling, reaching, pushing, pulling, and carrying tools and equipment
- The ability to stand for long periods (up to 3 hours), write on the board, carry boxes of classroom materials, equipment, and tools
TalenTrust is a retained recruiting partner of GAWP and GWWI. This position is a full-time, direct hire position with GWWI.