Client: City of Cartersville
Title: Water Systems Engineer
Location: Cartersville, GA
The City of Cartersville's Water Department is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Water System Engineer to provide engineering support for all Water System facilities, infrastructure, construction projects, and more. Reporting to the Director, this position offers excellent opportunities for growth and professional development.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Coordination of multi-divisional projects, including project management, construction supervision, plan review, utility coordination, and project design and implementation.
- Providing engineering support for all City Water Utility projects, including grant applications and the supervision of consultants and construction contractors.
- Developing, reviewing, and revising plans for water utility infrastructure for residential, commercial, and industrial developments.
- Assisting in the development of short- and long-term water and sewer system goals and ensuring compliance with all Federal, State, and Local agency rules and regulations.
- Administering the City's Water Utility and conducting cost analysis/estimates.
To be considered for this position, candidates must possess:
- A BS in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or other engineering degree with engineering experience with a local government and/or engineering consulting firm.
- A minimum of five (5) years' experience in an engineering position in a local government organization and/or engineering consulting firm focusing on Water and Sewer Utility or related projects, preferably with supervisory responsibility.
- Certification as a Professional Engineer (State of Georgia)
- Demonstrated knowledge of the techniques, processes, equipment, and materials used in water utility engineering projects.
- Hands-on experience in applying the principles/theories of engineering with a particular focus on water utility issues.
- Knowledge of industrial safety regulations and procedures.
- Experience with land surveying and the ability to develop and deliver public presentations.
- Proficiency with GIS mapping software, CADD, and other engineering software.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
In return for your expertise, you will be offered a salary of $75,000 - $115,000, excellent benefits, and the chance to work on challenging and rewarding projects that will make a real difference to the City of Cartersville. If you're looking for an opportunity to put your engineering skills to work and make a positive impact, we encourage you to apply today!