Job Title: Marketing Manager
Client: SGM Engineering
Location: Glenwood Springs, CO
SGM is a civil engineering firm that has been serving Colorado communities for several decades. We work on projects that affect lives, and deliver a small-firm, personalized service. We are seeking a motivated, resourceful, creative, and enthusiastic professional to manage marketing activities for the company.
Why work for SGM?
At SGM, we are a company that believes in fostering personal growth, encourages collaboration, and offers merits for a job well done. We offer a competitive pay scale, vacation time, health care coverage, and other reward programs to our staff!
Who is the ideal candidate?
The ideal candidate for this position will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong aptitude for writing and editing technical and creative content. The ideal candidate will also have social media and graphic design experience. Excellent time management skills, as well as the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, are essential as well.
What will you be doing?
- Manage qualification, proposal, and presentation activities
- Assess potential support and the ability to meet the firm’s strategic positioning and goals
- Work with technical staff to develop proposal sections and scope of work
- Manage quality control for all submittals
- Conduct debriefs on competitive pursuits
- Manage, interpret, and report on proposal metrics to company leadership
- Participate in the creation of the marketing plan and budget
- Manage implementation of the firm’s marketing plan in conjunction with the corporate mission
- Manage the development and ongoing implementation of corporate brand
- Develop initiatives and thought leadership content for collateral materials, advertising, website, print, media, and video based on marketing plan strategies
- Manage social media marketing strategy and lead post development
- Manage trade show and special event planning, execution and follow up
- Interview technical team for project content and stories
- Write articles, case studies, and white papers
- Manage marketing expenditures to ensure consistency with the budget
- Manage quality control for all marketing deliverables
- Manage selection and implementation of marketing vendors and consultants, including videographers
- Manage marketing contributions to firm’s employment branding, recruiting and retention efforts
- Internal marketing-manage SGM online store marketing, merchandise selection, orders and order fulfillment, contribute to internal communications platform to facilitate information sharing within the firm.
- Actively involved in professional organizations and participate in relevant professional development annually
- Develop and maintain a network of corporate, industry, government municipal, and community contacts to keep abreast of industry, client, and competitor activity
- Represent the firm to clients, peer organizations and business associates
What are the qualifications?
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications or a related field
- Minimum of 7 years of marketing experience, preferably in the A/E/C industry
- Demonstrated experience preparing written and visual promotional materials and/or marketing proposals
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Passion and proficiency with social media
- Graphic Design is a plus!
- Management experience-this position involves managing a very small team.
Pay is $78-90K/year