Title: Survey Project Manager
Client: G3 Engineering and Surveying
Location: Pawleys Island, SC
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Survey Project Manager contributes to the team-based culture of the organization through communication to the team, building relationships with clients and contractors. The Surveyor will successfully contribute to the management of the surveying department, supporting the engineering department and developing the team members. The Survey Project Manager will direct the survey team in the completion of requested surveys, scheduling survey crews, hiring, coaching and developing team members.
- Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports and legal descriptions of surveys in order to describe, certify and assume liability for work performed.
- Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
- Direct or conduct surveys in order to establish legal boundaries for properties, based on legal deeds and titles.
- Record the results of surveys, including the shape, contour, location, elevation and dimensions of land or land features.
- Calculate heights, depths, relative positions, property lines and other characteristics of terrain.
- Prepare or supervise preparation of all date, charts, plots, maps, records and documents related to surveys.
- Travel will be required.
- Providing project quotes, drafting proposals, scheduling survey crews.
- Coaching and developing survey crew members.
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- SC and/or NC registered Professional Land Surveyor preferred.
- 3 or more years of experience in the Surveying field.
- Proficient knowledge of AutoCAD & Carlson software is preferred.
- Ability to work within budget and schedule constraints on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to comfortably interact with peers, staff members, clients and the general public.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage and schedule all surveying related work tasks.
- Advanced communication skills.
- Computer knowledge with high proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent organizational skills to include self-management and impeccable tracking of all initiatives and efforts.
- Resourceful and highly dependable with efficient approach and attention to detail.
- Excellent follow-up skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Be able to work independently; self-motivated.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work on a team.
- Proficient written & oral communication skills; ability to comfortably interact with peers, staff members, clients, and the general public.
- Maintain accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to problem-solve and decision make.