Title: Chief Growth Officer
Company: Action For Healthy Kids
Location: Chicago, IL - Remote
Action for Healthy Kids is a national nonprofit organization raising the bar on the health of the whole child to extraordinary levels across the country. AFHK mobilizes school professionals, families and communities to take actions that lead to healthier children. We partner with dedicated supporters — teachers, students, moms, dads, school wellness experts and more—from within the ranks of our 140,000+ constituency to create healthy environments for kids. We are committed to generating holistic changes with a focus on serving students from underserved communities. Our new, exciting strategic plan will guide our work over the next ten years as our small but mighty team tackles some of the most important issues facing our kids. Please visit us at www.ActionforHealthyKids.org.
Action for Healthy Kids (AFHK) is looking for a Chief Growth Officer to join their team! The CGO is charged with building a robust, comprehensive and sustainable revenue generation program for the organization and creating a marketing and communications strategy that increases brand awareness among potential donors and potential advocates to match Action for Healthy Kids’ ambitious goals. The CGO provides leadership and coaching for the Marketing and Development Team while also providing strategic direction to the organization on fundraising, marketing, and communications activities across Action for Healthy Kids. As part of Action for Healthy Kids Executive Team, the CGO also provides strategic input, ensuring that all relevant activities and decisions benefit from revenue generation insights and consideration. The CGO is the main point of contact from the Executive Team with the Resource Development Committee of the Board of Directors.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute plans to drive revenue growth.
- Lead a team of 6 marketing and development specialists, providing strategic direction and hands-on coaching and mentorship to drive performance.
- Collaborate, measure, and provide c-level support for growth initiatives, all in the name of expansion and results.
- Deliver the revenue plan aligned with our AFHK 2025 Target Goal that 8 million kids in underserved districts are educated in a healthier school environment
- Expand revenue streams to include new donors and increased giving from institutions (corporations, foundations, government agencies, etc.) and individuals.
- Prior experience with a non-profit organization
- 10 years in development, fundraising, sales or sales-related field, with increasing levels of leadership and responsibilities
- Strong network and trusted relationships with customers, leaders, decision makers, and industry partners
- Demonstrated experience in conceptualizing corporate partnerships and cause-marketing campaigns
- Exemplary development writing expertise, such as: grant proposals, concept presentations and pitches for both corporate and foundation audiences
- Advanced proficiency in using technology for fund development, including fluency in videoconferencing, CRM (specifically Salesforce), and Microsoft Office Suite
- Corporate and foundation stewardship with a proven track record of success in securing six- and seven-figure gifts
- Competitive work ethic to pursue new business, customers, and partners
- Ability to mobilize resources to translate ideas into action
- Diplomacy, strategy, and decision-making skills
- Proven ability to manage and lead a team
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (advanced degree a plus)
What’s in it for me?
- Competitive salary in the marketplace + bonus plan
- The CGO’s annual fundraising goals will be established in collaboration with the CEO. As an extra incentive, Action for Healthy Kids provides a customized bonus plan for each Development employee.
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Flexible spending account
- 403b (match up to 4%)
- Generous PTO, summer hours and paid paternity/maternity/adoption leave
- Professional development and career growth opportunities
- Work with a talented team of professionals
- Ability to work remotely
- Opportunity to travel to partner meetings and donor events
- Job Location: Chicago-area preferred, but will consider full-time remote in other metro markets