Client: Blue Heron
Position: Executive Assistant to CEO
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Blue Heron is a Las Vegas based, family-owned, high-end custom home design- builder. From design architecture, interior design and furnishings to construction, Blue Heron has a full range of build and design services to accommodate each clients’ needs and visions of their future homes. They believe building a home should be a seamless process, and the entire team at Blue Heron is dedicated to working together with the same vision in mind. The level of integrated design-and-build services they offer is unparalleled.
Blue Heron is currently seeking an Executive Assistant to provide strong support to the CEO of this rapidly growing and innovative organization. The Executive Assistant must be confident, creative and enjoy working within a fast-paced environment. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, possess excellent communication and organizational skills, have strong reactive and proactive problem-solving skills, and have an outstanding ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains an up to date and accurate business calendar and schedule, including accepting/declining meeting invites, and scheduling/rescheduling meetings.
- Acts as a “gatekeeper" for direct access to the CEO, including screening all of CEO’s calls to ensure efficiency of CEO time.
- Composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential and ensure all documents or correspondence that require CEO signature/review are reviewed and signed by the CEO in a timely manner.
- Plans, coordinates lunch meetings and client meetings including ordering all meals or making appropriate reservations.
- Plans, coordinates and organizes all office events, including quarterly meetings, holiday parties, summer events, etc.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns that are addressed to the CEO, and determines most appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Schedules all CEO conference calls, including monitoring conference room calendars, re-arranging meetings as necessary to accommodate client meetings, opening conference calls and relaying messages to call participants as needed, and working with IT regarding any conference room technology issues.
- Helps in prioritizing conflicting CEO needs by utilizing strong creative problem-solving skills in order to handle conflicting CEO obligations expeditiously and proactively.
- Ability to take on spur of the moment or special tasks/projects, often with tight deadlines, with diligence and follow through.
- Assists with overseeing office operations including ordering office supplies, manage office vendors (cleaning, printers, shredding etc..), coordinate with landlord regarding building issues, and oversee the front-desk operations.
- Opens office and all office conference rooms.
- Print weekly reports for CEO and assists other ELT members as requested with reports or meeting requests.
Requirements for Hire:
- Progressive relevant Executive Assistance experience.
- Self-starter, energetic, and ability to proactively analyze innovate around obstacles, and creatively conquer challenges.
- Strong relationship building skills and service-orientated demeanor/mentality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and manage multiple coinciding deadlines.
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail.
- Strong ability to prioritize CEO personal and business needs.
- Strong experience with MS Office Suite of products.
COMPENSATION: Blue Heron offers a comprehensive compensation package including competitive base. Employees are eligible to participate in a strong benefits package that includes comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA, Life insurance, disability coverage) as well as a 401K plan.