Job Title: Collections Specialist
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Company: Orion First
Do you want to help empower small businesses to grow in the field of commercial finance? Our purpose, vision, and mission guide our hiring and attract top talent. In turn, our employees provide leadership and fuel our continued growth. Are you a self-motivated, performance-minded individual looking to grow with a winning team in Scottsdale, AZ? Then this is the opportunity for you!
Orion First is seeking a collections specialist with a background in customer service and sales who will help prevent accounts from becoming more delinquent. They will bring accounts to current status with negotiation, decisiveness and good judgment while maintaining a strong relationship with the business customer through exceptional service and professionalism.
- Collect and process delinquent payments and fees 1-30 days as assigned to your personal worklist
- Meet or exceed established call volume and account action requirements
- Help department meet monthly goals
- Maintain daily task list to include appropriate coding, detailed and understandable notes, promises to pay, and record required follow-up dates and actions
- Establish “Promises to Pay” from commercial customers and provide timely follow-up on payment commitments
- Advise commercial customers on current financial contract status, understand their situation, and work to resolve delinquency
- Review contract files to develop a full understanding of the transaction and retrieve additional contacts and information
- Use technology and tools to research customers/guarantors and customer business information with the goal of developing additional contacts
- Work with client to obtain updated credit profiles or other information when necessary
- Non-sufficient funds management, including reviewing, assessing fees, and forwarding to appropriate collection representative
- Provide backup support to teammates as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Fluency in Spanish strongly preferred
- 2+ years of experience in call center, collections agency, sales or virtual customer service role.
- Collections software experience
- Good verbal communication skills
- Professional written communication skills (text and email)
- Ability to de-escalate conflicts over the telephone
- Strong work ethic with a desire to grow in the company
- Basic understanding of commercial loans and equipment leases
- Critical thinking and analytical problem-solving skills
- Stable job history
Founded in 2001, Orion First has offices in Seattle, Boston, and now Phoenix. We are a full-service commercial loan and lease portfolio servicer that provides a suite of services and products to manage the complete life cycle of a loan. Our servicing platform includes systems to support lease and loan accounting, credit application processing, scoring, and decisioning products, and collections.
We believe the world is a better place when small business succeeds. Our hearts are focused on serving the needs of small businesses that support and serve their communities in ways that other large companies can’t.