Job Title: Sr. Project Manager- Water Quality Regulatory & Permitting
Company: Leonard Rice Engineers
Location: Denver, CO
Are you passionate about water quality and environmental compliance? Do you want to work for a growing company that provides ownership opportunities, supports staff development and believes in a healthy work/life balance? Are you a self-starter who enjoys working with well-known clients on a variety of challenging projects? Then we want you on our growing Environmental Management team at Leonard Rice Engineers.
LRE is an employee owned consulting engineering firm with a dedicated history of providing consulting services related to planning, managing, and developing water at the highest level of technical excellence that is professional, ethical, and profitable. The staff of Leonard Rice Engineers is proud of the exceptional way we serve our clients and the water community. Our work is essential in supporting healthy streams and aquifers and providing safe and reliable water supplies.
- Continuity: We value perpetuating the firm. Our long‐term relationships are based on mutual respect.
- Integrity: We value ethical practices. We do what we say we will do.
- Openness: We value honest communication. We are timely, open, and direct.
- Community: We value a great place to work. We encourage creativity, adaptability, and dynamic balance. We contribute to our profession and community.
- Excellence: We value self‐motivation and continuous improvement. We are committed to excellent individual, team, and company performance.
LRE is currently seeking a Sr. Project Manager to lead the Environmental Management team in Denver, CO. This position will be responsible for providing expertise and guidance for a variety of complex water quality-related projects; and will ensure execution of projects from concept through completion. If you thrive on understanding and implementing complex water quality solutions, navigating environmental regulations, and developing dynamic partnerships, this is the position for you!
- Provide regulatory and permitting expertise for water and wastewater projects.
- Oversee water quality projects from start to finish, including developing sampling and analysis plans, analyzing results, and assessing results in relation to water quality standards and permit limitations.
- Supervise projects related to water quality regulations, standards compliance, and reporting, including:
- Review of data and submissions to the State of Colorado.
- Participation in Stakeholder workgroup meetings.
- Participation in water quality Rulemaking hearings.
- Facilitate stream temporary modification and/or discharger-specific variance related projects.
- Conduct reviews of select 303(d) and M&E listings and be able to apply understanding of 303(d) listing methodology.
- Provide guidance in developing use- attainability analyses.
- Manage projects related to wastewater discharge permitting.
- Review of and comment on CDPS draft-action permits renewals and modifications.
- Preparation of applications for permit renewals and permit modifications.
- Provide assistance with achieving compliance schedule milestones.
- Assist clients through enforcement actions, penalty calculations, and negotiations.
- Provide whole effluent toxicity and pretreatment program guidance including program development, implementation, and negotiations.
- Develop local limits and pretreatment ordinances.
- Provided technical/regulatory guidance to junior level staff in the majority of the above topics.
- Attend and participate in meetings of organizations that are charged with addressing water quality issues.
- Identify emerging issues relevant to water quality and quantity and examining and exploring various approaches to address issues.
- Develop regional opportunities for collaboration with water and wastewater treatment providers.
Minimum qualifications for the successful candidate are:
- Strong project management background and proven track record of successful project delivery.
- Strong water quality regulatory, permitting, and compliance experience.
- Progressive direct staff supervision experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, natural resources, or a similar field of study.
- Successful marketing and business development experience.
Additional Preferred qualifications
- Master’s Degree.
- Active presence in the Colorado water market.
- Professional Certifications.
Yes, we have more benefits!
Company ownership opportunity, Bonus potential, 401(K) with company match, Health, Vision & Dental Plans, Active Wellness Program, Life/AD&D and Disability Insurance, Vacation & Holiday Pay and much more…..