Gas Control Supervisor
Title: Gas Control Supervisor
Company: DCP Midstream
Location: Denver, CO (relocation assistance available)
About DCP Midstream:
DCP Midstream is the largest processor of natural gas and natural gas liquids producer, working to ensure that the country has clean energy to warm homes, manufacture goods, and produce consumer products. We are a “must-run” company, and as such, we offer an increased level of stability. We are committed to greatness in everything we do - from operating efficiently, reliably, and safely to being a responsible community partner. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, DCP Midstream operates assets in 17 states.
We Offer Some Great Benefits:
- Competitive salary plus bonus potential
- Outstanding 401k plan with company match
- Comprehensive medical, dental, & vision insurance benefits
- Employee-matching charitable gifts program
- And more!
As the Gas Control Supervisor, you will provide oversight for pipeline controllers to ensure safe and reliable operations of gas gathering system or NGL pipelines and supports field compression reliability, alarm call out prioritization, pipeline integrity and collaboration with ICC schedulers, coordinators and plant operators. You will also provide training and mentoring of staff (20), managing employee development, interacting with internal customers (Field supervisors, IT, Scada Team).
Gas Control is integral to the Integrated Collaboration Center (ICC) and is essential for maximizing every molecule that enters our gathering system enters a facility. The gas control team will work directly with the ICC optimizers, engineers, coordinators and plant operators to optimize each gathering system and associated plants within the asset.
Day to Day Duties:
- Provides oversight for pipeline controllers including collaboration with the ICC, gathering system operations, pipeline operations, and asset plant operations.
- Supervises pipeline controllers by planning and scheduling work, providing work direction, performance feedback and training.
- Serve as liaison between the field supervisors, reliability managers, pipeline integrity/compliance, IT/Scada team, PSM, environmental compliance, permitting personnel, and various State and Federal Agencies to ensure the pipelines remain in compliance with all requirements.
- Trains personnel and verifies qualifications on all standard operating procedures, system parameters, and other operational guidance documentation.
- Ensures pipelines coordinators are maintaining documentation (shift change, journal entries, reports, alarm management/rationalization)
- Serves as first line emergency response for pipeline incidents. Gas Control is typically the first to identify or be notified of an incident. As such, they are responsible for initial incident resolution including contacting emergency response organizations (fire, police), contacting appropriate field personnel and management. Deal with press inquiries pertaining to the incident.
- Work with field supervisors to resolve alarms, SCADA and communication issues.
- Work with PSM to ensure changes in the field are updated through the MOC process to educate pipeline controllers of changes.
- Improving reliability and efficiency while reducing risk; Striving for operational excellence.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- BA/BS degree in a business, logistics, technical discipline or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience conducting NGL scheduling required
- Previous supervisor experience required
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision making, written and verbal communication and presentation skills to working levels as well as executive levels
- Previous experience with Day Ahead Planning, Operations optimization preferred
- Computer skills/ability to work with various software packages. High competency in Excel, Microsoft Office and PowerPoint
- Is able to plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Strong interpersonal skills for effective relationship management with business partners
Apply online here, and we’ll be in touch ASAP to discuss whether this opportunity could be the right fit for you.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status
Other relevant titles: Pipeline Controller, Cryo, Cryogenic, NGL, LNG, Natural Gas, Supervisor, Manager, Remote Control Center, Remote Control Room, Integrated Operations Center