Title: Video/Social SME
Company: Advertising Production Resources (APR)
Location: Toronto, Canada
Type: Independent Contractor
An established, dynamic consulting company with a modern, global view of the advertising industry is seeking a professional who is able to multi‐task in a fast‐paced environment to oversee a key Client account.
Overall responsibility will be the successful management of all production for multiple brands in broadcast, print and digital production. You will be part of a team of production specialists and will work directly with clients and their agencies to maintain standards of production in accordance with the clients’ production guidelines, culture and needs.
The scope of Video/Social Subject Matter Expert (“SME”) responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the budget discussions (ballpark estimates) and bid negotiations with the agency business manager and producer.
- Review production specs, schedules and budgets
- Cost estimates for production including film/photography shoots, post-production, talent, music
- Negotiate costs and bids with agency; identify areas for efficiencies, calculate savings, and identify cost drivers and input data into APR Database.
- Look for opportunities to leverage, archive and repurpose creative assets
- Must collaborate and work directly with APR clients and their agencies
- Participate in production meetings (from pre-bid or before to post) for the advertising campaigns and attend any pre-production meetings and shoots (as necessary and requested by client).
- Participate in post-production process by reviewing rough cuts as necessary, reviewing overages and facilitating communication between client and agency regarding costs and schedule.
- Track value-add defined as minimizing risk, improving processes/communication and managing expectations
- Prepare job summary for each job, define and share observations, identify efficiencies, and detail steps to implement efficiencies.
- Must be able to collaborate and see the big picture as well as manage multiple personalities and projects.
- Help optimize spending, without compromising quality
- Standardize processes and provide education and training to clients and their agencies
- Continually hone and develop your own knowledge and skills to further assist you with your work at APR.
- May be asked to assist PS in developing and sharing case studies across APR.
- Ten (10+) years’ experience producing TV commercials (some combination of working on at the agency, client or production vendors)
- Outgoing, friendly, positive & ‘can‐do’ personality
- Verbally articulate; excellent writing skills
- Computer proficiency (Internet, Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Working understanding of technology and information distribution: FTP, intranet, DAM systems and other tools
- Collaborative: work as part of a team - unafraid to share knowledge
- Independent, work without day-to-day oversight
- Outstanding leadership qualities: manage a team of seasoned professionals AND administrative help
- Organized, able to handle quantities of disparate information and recognize opportunities
- Willing and able to travel, as necessary