Do you enjoy providing outstanding customer service and love ensuring customers are happy at every turn? Are you a self-starter who is skilled at ‘taking the ball and running with it’? Do you consider yourself analytical and pay attention to the smallest detail? If so, I’d love to speak with you! This is an exciting opportunity to work for a small organization and make a huge impact!
Our client is seeking a Fleet Coordinator to perform a wide variety of tasks including planning, tracking and coordinating their fleet, and ensuring the they are in the right location at the right time. As the Fleet Coordinator, part of your duties will be determining and communicating the repairs needed for the fleet in order to maintain the company fleet for maximum equipment life, minimal downtime and cost effectiveness, as well as coordinate, prioritize and schedule fleet repairs and keeping up on the progress of the work.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manage the large rail car fleet; plan, direct and coordinate all unloading/loading of products
- Determine the scope of the repair or maintenance work needed to be done, prioritize the work repair orders
- Maintenance management of the fleet, determining if repair costs are within budgetary constraints and within scope of work
- Obtain shipping information and details from the customer as to the request and need of product shipment via rail
- Communicate work orders and observe workflow progress on the shop to ensure the work is completed to specified requirements in a timely manner
- Assist with interpretation of works orders and instructions to mechanics
- Tracking of shipments to ensure timely delivery
- Resolve car delivery and transit issues
- Attend weekly stakeholder meeting to discuss status of fleet, risks, schedule and logistics
- Track and record completion of deliveries and any extra charges are incurred by customers
- Arrange delivery dates, locations and times with customer
- Manage 3rd party vendors including drivers and loaders
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- High School diploma or GED with a minimum of two years of experience in fleet management; rail car experience nice to have but not required
- Excellent customer service skills and willingness to go above and beyond for customers
- Strong computer skills (MS Word/MS Excel); Internet software and Project Management software a plus (SAP, Oracle, M2M)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to plan and prioritize work activities
- Strong analytical skills as well as high attention to detail
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
Apply online here, and we’ll be in touch ASAP to discuss whether this opportunity could be the right fit for you.