Position: Engineering Project Manager
About DCP Midstream:
DCP Midstream is the largest processor of natural gas and natural gas liquids producer ensuring the country has clean energy to warm homes, manufacture goods, and produce consumer products. We are a “must-run” company and we are committed to greater in everything we do—from operating efficiently, reliably and safely to being a responsible community partner. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, DCP Midstream operates assets in 17 states.
The Engineering Project Manager will manage, direct and coordinate all aspects of work related to new and upgrade pipeline projects for natural gas and NGL pipeline systems throughout DCP Midstream. This role is responsible for maintaining the schedule and budget for the project, managing day-to-day construction activities, and reporting project progress to all project stakeholders through regular meetings and reports from conception to completion.
What You Will Be Responsible For:
- Prepare proposals – including scope of work, cost estimates and schedules – and assist in presentations for future projects;
- Provide overall management of pipeline projects from concept to completion including, but not limited to, routing, environmental, permitting, planning, estimating, engineering, right-of-way acquisition, project controls, bid phase services, procurement, constructability reviews, construction management, and closeout;
- Serve as primary point of contact regarding efforts such as strategic planning, scope management, budget finances, project staffing, environmental compliance, schedule attainment, risk management, and change management;
- Manage all aspects of project communication. Be a liaison with individuals both inside and outside of the Company and project team;
- Develop and revise as needed the project execution plan, schedule, and budget;
- Provide monthly forecasts for project expenditures;
- Report regularly on progress, cost and schedule, procurement issues, safety or environmental concerns, design questions, potential impacts, and any issues requiring office support;
- Provide leadership, guidance and instruction to less experienced staff members;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (Mechanical, Civil, Chemical or Electrical preferred) or related technical field from an accredited university.
- Professional Engineering (PE) license is preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) license is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant pipeline engineering and/or construction project management experience.
- Experience with a pipeline operating company, consulting firm and/or construction firm related to upstream, midstream and/or downstream oil and gas industry.
- Working knowledge of applicable industry standards (ASME, ANSI, API, DOT CFR, etc.)
- Experience with the production of pipeline design and construction documents.
- Experience with managing contractors.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Project.
- Proactive, self-starter.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A strong commitment to safety is required.
- Travel required: approximately 25%
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status.