Position: Principal Engineer
Location: Denver, Colorado
About DCP Midstream:
DCP Midstream is the largest processor of natural gas and natural gas liquids producer ensuring the country has clean energy to warm homes, manufacture goods, and produce consumer products. We are a “must-run” company and we are committed to greater in everything we do—from operating efficiently, reliably and safely to being a responsible community partner. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, DCP Midstream operates assets in 17 states.
This position is responsible for compliance and pipeline integrity requirements for interstate and intrastate hazardous liquid pipelines and gas transmission pipelines. The Principal Engineer provides interpretations for PHMSA 192 and 195 regulations and technical support to the operations and facilitates the implementation of integrity management standards.
- Engineering degree with 8 - 10 years of experience in compliance and pipeline integrity management for gas and liquids pipelines.
- Strong knowledge of pipeline anomaly assessment and repair techniques.
- Working knowledge of In-Line Inspection (ILI) technology and data evaluation.
- Working knowledge of pipeline hydrostatic pressure testing, repairs, modifications and rehabilitation.
- Working knowledge of basic corrosion principles (internal and external) and mitigation.
- Strong Knowledge of DOT 195 and 192 regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Computer and office software experience is required.
- Must be a self-starter and self-motivator with ability to perform effectively with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to travel to assigned areas to meet job requirements and be able to work outside traditional work hours when required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and will be required to travel at least 25% of the time, by both air and automobile, due to the pipeline locations.
- Ability to successfully work in team environment with a focus on both internal and external customers.
- Incumbent must be able to prepare written communications, present information to other employees, and enter data to various programs.
- 10+ years of experience in compliance and pipeline integrity management for gas and liquid.
- Experience with NGL products
- Competent in interpretation of regulatory standards.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected