About DCP Midstream:
DCP Midstream is the largest processor of natural gas and natural gas liquids producer ensuring the country has clean energy to warm homes, manufacture goods, and produce consumer products. We are a “must-run” company and we are committed to being greater in everything we do—from operating efficiently, reliably and safely to being a responsible community partner. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, DCP Midstream operates assets in 17 states.
DCP Offer Some Outstanding Benefits:
- Competitive salary plus bonus potential
- Outstanding 401k plan with company match
- Additional Company Retirement Contribution to 401(k) Plan
- Comprehensive medical, dental, & vision insurance benefits
- Employee-matching charitable gifts program
- And more!
This position will be a key member of the Assurance and Ethics team, responsible for scoping, planning, and performing business process assurance projects, performing compliance testing and appraising the adequacy and efficiency of risk management activities. This individual will be expected to produce quality results within time constraints to support the business while maintaining objectivity and independence. This position will have the ability to contribute to the design of the Assurance and Ethics team’s work processes and practices.
What You Will Be Responsible For:
- Lead and/or participate in project planning, scoping, execution, reporting, and follow-up for assigned projects.
- Understand the business area being assessed (strategy, people, process, technology, organization, metrics, policies, etc.) and provide feedback as to areas of risk, opportunity or improvement.
- Analyze detailed business processes and transactions to assess effectiveness and efficiency of risk management activities, including controls to help the company ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Act provisions.
- Document and present observations to business process owners and leadership.
- Participate in ad hoc projects that will further enhance the Assurance and Ethics brand, efficiencies and culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration (or other technical/analytical degree)
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and teamwork skills with ability and motivation to learn, work independently and collaboratively
- Self-starter with ability to motivate, teach, and mentor others and be led by peers
- Solid verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate at all levels and disciplines of the organization
- Adheres to the highest standards of ethical behavior and professionalism when carrying out job responsibilities and interfacing with others
- An aptitude to understand risk management concepts and activities
- Capacity to manage multiple tasks and overall work assignment flexibility
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate (5% to 15%)
- Professional designation (e.g., Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Public Accountant, etc.)
- 2-5 years of experience in public accounting, corporate audit or finance
- Experience in the energy industry with an emphasis in natural gas gathering and processing and/or natural gas and gas liquids marketing
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status.