About DCP Midstream
DCP Midstream, a Denver based Fortune 500 company, is one of the largest processors of natural gas and one of the largest producers and marketers of natural gas liquids (NGL) in the U.S. We are a “must-run” company and we are committed to greater in everything we do—from operating efficiently, reliably and safely to being a responsible community partner. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, DCP owns and operates 60 plants and more than 60,000 miles of natural gas and natural gas liquids pipelines, with operations in 17 states across major producing regions
DCP Midstream Offer Some Outstanding Benefits!
- Competitive salary plus bonus potential
- Outstanding 401k plan with company match
- Additional Company Retirement Contribution to 401(k) Plan
- Comprehensive medical, dental, & vision insurance benefits
- Employee-matching charitable gifts program
- And more!
Responsible for accuracy and timeliness of NGL Marketing transactions for assigned Gas Gathering Systems. Assist in reporting to Management the NGL business results with analysis and explanation of all significant variances from estimate.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Knowledgeable of DCP NGL’s accounting systems (QLM, PeopleSoft, Business Objects).
- Assist in the monthly closing process with all current month transactions accurately recorded, valued, and documented.
- Assist in the review and evaluation of processes, procedures, and internal controls for the Liquids’ Accounting Department. Duties will also include ongoing testing in accordance to Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Ensure all balance sheet items are valid and supportable.
- If needed, accrue transactions on an estimate basis and true up upon receipts of actual data.
- Reconcile the forecast of monthly income to actual results.
- Work with NGL Marketing to segment business into understandable and logical management reporting segments to facilitate quick and accurate analysis of earnings results.
- Invoice all NGL Marketing revenues including sales, exchanges fees, transportation, tariffs, storage fees, and fractionation fees.
- Settlement of freight, tariff, product purchases, and service fees are accurately and timely paid to third parties.
- Ensure inventory volumes and values are accurately reported in accordance with the accepted accounting practices. Reconcile all inventory/exchange balances to appropriate third party statements or plant operational reports.
- Enhance customer service through accurate and timely statements of inventory, contract balances, invoices, and settlements. Answer internal/external customer inquiries on deal status and discrepancies.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Balance sheet reconciliations are current and accurately explained.
- Margin analysis and explanations are accurate and complete.
- Closing deadlines are met.
- Outstanding receivables are current.
- Controls are followed and properly documented.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Adheres to the highest standards of ethical behavior when carrying out job responsibilities
- Ability to work in a team and place organizational success above personal success
- Understanding and application of GAAP
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office and company specific accounting and operational systems
- Flexibility to work overtime during peak periods
- Minimum Qualifications - BS or BA degree in accounting or finance with 0-5 years of previous work experience.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status.