Do want to live in the mountains? Are you a CAD Designer looking for a new opportunity? Do you want to work for a growing company? Do you enjoy working with well-known clients and on a variety of challenging projects? We want you on our growing team at SGM.
SGM is a 90 person civil engineering consulting firm headquartered in Glenwood Springs, CO who is seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our Glenwood Springs, CO staff as a CAD Designer as part of our Civil Services team.
Some great perks:
- Mountain living where you can ski, hike, bike, fish, camp, mountain bike, and don’t have to deal with the weekend traffic!
- SGM has been contributing engineering solutions to Colorado communities for several decades.
- SGM is a multidisciplinary engineering firm where they have varying disciplines under one roof – civil, structural, water resources and other engineering services
- Working for a company with a fabulous reputation and is committed to quality service and forming long term client relationships
- SGM is the largest full-service engineering, surveying and consulting firm based in western Colorado
What you’ll be doing:
As a CAD Designer you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects related to land development, traffic/transportation, drainage, utility and water/wastewater systems for private and municipal clients. Typical projects will require the generation of construction plan sets in accordance with design and drafting standards of various review agencies. Typical elements of these projects include site layout, storm drainage, roads and pathways, grading plans, concrete and asphalt hardscape design including curb, gutter and sidewalks, utility infrastructure, water, sewer and storm sewer systems, and erosion and sediment control plans.
Typical duties and responsibilities of this position are:
- Prepare complete sets of civil construction drawings using Civil 3D, including sheet setup, plans, profiles, notes and details,
- Work with Engineers to design and layout a project using Civil 3D upon receiving sufficient design information,
- Manage digital files per company standards
- Produce plans that conform to company design and drafting standards, minimizing QA/QC review time
- Generate plans from scratch as well as handling redlines from engineers and project managers
What you need:
- Progressive experience with CAD drafting and design; minimum of 3 years of Civil 3D design experience
- Experience with alignments, surfaces, corridors and pipe networks
- Knowledge of earthwork calculations
- Proven ability to work as part of a team to successfully deliver projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment; good communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Ability to work independently when needed and be self-motivated
- Experience providing CAD training and mentoring to co-workers
Additional/Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience with CDOT plan preparation and/or Microstation
- Experience with BIM, Revit and other 3D building design software
- Water/Wastewater treatment plant and piping design experience
- Associates Degree in CAD and/or certification in Civil 3D is a plus
Yes, we have more benefits!
401(K) with company match, Health, Vision & Dental Plans, Life & Supplemental Life Insurance, Short & Long-term Disability, Vacation & Holiday Pay, Cafeteria Plan – Healthcare FSA and Dependent Care FSA, Transportation Benefits