About DCP Midstream:
DCP Midstream is the largest processor of natural gas and natural gas liquids producer ensuring the country has clean energy to warm homes, manufacture goods, and produce consumer products. We are a “must-run” company and we are committed to greater in everything we do—from operating efficiently, reliably and safely to being a responsible community partner. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, DCP Midstream operates assets in 17 states.
The Community Outreach Manager supports DCP Midstream’s community outreach program, including landowner and neighbor relationships, public education and events, community investment and engagement, and other communication tasks. This role will have the opportunity to actively assist in the promotion and refinement of our community outreach vision while building the strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders. This individual must be exceedingly responsive, organized, flexible, and must enjoy a fast paced environment with a large base of stakeholder groups and initiatives.
What You Will Be Responsible For:
- Manages and develops communications and authentic relationships with neighbors, landowners, county and local officials, and key members of the community.
- Identifies, monitors, and communicates issues that may impact operations.
- Organizes community engagement activities including tours, visits, presentations, and media opportunities within operating areas
- Develop and maintain community relations strategy
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive communications strategy to proactively engage stakeholders across DCP Midstream’s Colorado footprint.
- Manage local social media and develop ongoing relations/communications strategy through social media.
- Support related permitting, regulatory, and policy developments relevant to DCP Midstream facilities and operations.
- Build rapport with peer companies that participate in community outreach and stakeholder engagement.
- Organize and supports employee volunteer programs and coordinate with local groups
- Collaborate with operations, regulatory, legal, government affairs, and public affairs staff to ensure activities are coordinated and effectively communicated.
- Develop relevant educational outreach materials for both internal and external use.
- Plan, Develop, and implement community outreach events/campaigns such as neighborhood meetings, open houses, booths, and other public events.
- Represent DCP Midstream in community meetings/events
- Develop programs to promote good will by publicizing information to the community and soliciting feedback from the community
- Works closely with various departments and staff in addressing local/regional concerns in regard to environmental impacts or cultural sensitivities.
- 8 years’ related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or related field
- Extremely strong communication, including presentation and public speaking skills
- Experience with community organizing, public policy.
- Strong communications, community outreach, management and interpersonal skills
- Reasonable fluency in technology and a passion about the power of communications to change public views.
- A pleasant, engaging demeanor with proven ability handling difficult situations, as well as appropriately communicating with elected officials and business leaders
- Extensive Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, social media experience
- Ability to handle demanding workload and juggle numerous priorities
- Willingness to travel within Northeast Colorado and attend evening and weekend meetings
- Must work independently and proactively, checking in with team frequently
- Strong written skills, including ability to assist with regulatory and marketing language
- Local government and regulatory experience (preferred)
- Demonstrates maturity, confidence, poise and the presence necessary to interface effectively with senior-level executives as well as external constituencies such as local government leaders.
- Oil and gas industry knowledge (preferred)
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status.