ENVIRONMENTAL COMPLIANCE COORDINATOR
About DCP Midstream:
DCP Midstream is the largest processor of natural gas and natural gas liquids producer ensuring the country has clean energy to warm homes, manufacture goods, and produce consumer products. We are a “must-run” company and we are committed to greater in everything we do—from operating efficiently, reliably and safely to being a responsible community partner. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, DCP Midstream operates assets in 17 states.
Day to day:
Coordinate with Operations, DCP support staff, and contractors to facilitate environmental compliance with a focus on state and federal Leak Detection and Repair (LDAR) requirements. Monitor data collection and deadlines required by environmental regulations.
What you will be responsible for:
- Work closely with Asset Environmental Specialists to provide environmental and technical support to the operating asset and regional environmental team.
- Develop and implement compliance management programs for the operating asset. Identify and carry out continuous improvement opportunities. Share learnings and best practices with asset environmental compliance stakeholders.
- Provide leadership at the asset level to promote continuous improvement of environmental compliance programs. Conduct and document facility walk-throughs to identify areas of concern.
- Develop and utilize compliance checklists to gather environmental data documenting environmental compliance. Ensure that compliance checklists are complete and up-to-date at all times.
- Provide quality assurance of all data required to demonstrate compliance. Take necessary steps to correct processes and procedures as problems or deficiencies are identified.
- Perform semi-routine quantitative and qualitative analyses, such as field sampling and spot checks to ensure compliance. Communicate findings to operations and team members as needed.
- Work closely with Asset Environmental Specialists and Coordinators to conduct training for operations to ensure compliance with all environmental regulations.
- Provide data to assist with permit applications, air emission inventories and air emission reporting. Provide support for environmental permitting and construction permitting.
- Perform compliance reporting as required by DCP Midstream and/or regulatory obligations.
- Serve as a key resource and liaison between engineering, safety, and operations on environmental aspects and their impact on DCP assets. Offer alternative designs and make recommendations for meeting obligations for new or modified equipment.
- Work with contractors and Operations as needed to maintain written and digital environmental records as required. Ensure environmental records are complete and meet needs of Title V “Reasonable Inquiry” requirements, permit requirements, and DCP policy.
- Conduct multi-media environmental audits on contractors and participate as a team member in internal audits.
- Assist in identifying and implementing environmental recommendations through the EHS System and / or Maximo.
- Inform operations of environmental requirements during Management of Change (MOC) process. Ensure actions noted during MOC are followed up on before project / activity proceeds.
- 2-3 years previous experience with Microsoft Office products at a professional level.
- 2-4 years previous oil and gas experience.
- 2-4 years previous experience in the midstream industry.
- Ability and willingness to work in a team based environment where consensus building is expected.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of asset environmental performance.
- Demonstrated, positive interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of current state and federal environmental regulations applicable to Colorado and midstream industry.
- 7-10 years previous experience in the midstream industry.
- Bachelors degree in environmental science, engineering, or a related technical field from an accredited university.
- Analytical skills required to translate regulations and permits into compliance management programs.
- Technical skills necessary to properly operate a variety of analytical equipment used to monitor and test equipment.
- Strong knowledge of process and maintenance practices; able to read and follow PFD’s and P&ID’s.
- Able to read and interpret regulatory requirements.
- Experience using Maximo and EHS Solution.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status.