About DCP Midstream:
DCP Midstream is the largest processor of natural gas and natural gas liquids producer ensuring the country has clean energy to warm homes, manufacture goods, and produce consumer products. We are a “must-run” company and we are committed to greater in everything we do—from operating efficiently, reliably and safely to being a responsible community partner. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, DCP Midstream operates assets in 17 states.
As Senior Tech Lead, you operate across multiple implementation teams, providing technical direction, architecture, leadership, coaching, mentoring, and consistency. You are always looking for innovative ways to accelerate implementation while ensuring quality and maintainability. In addition, this role is expected to fill various needs across various disciplines to fill gaps that arise which can range from helping a struggling development effort to defining and grooming requirements, to ensuring that all developers are engaged, fully utilized, challenged, and have clear direction. Fulfilling this role includes a mix of stakeholder management, technical work, coding, code reviews, continuously keeping up with latest technologies, packages, and trends, responsibility for the technical execution and consistency of multiple development teams, and being an overall technical leader, specifically a leader that goes first.
What You Will Be Responsible For:
- Lead, coach, and mentor multiple, small Agile development teams working simultaneously on multiple different efforts with varied technologies.
- Provide technical feasibility and level-of-effort assessments in collaboration with Product Owners
- Design and develop dynamic, performant, and reusable microservices that are consumable in a cloud-based architecture
- Create clear, consistent, and easy-to-use APIs
- Integrate with multiple services, data sources, and systems via varied protocols
- Analyze and solve problems across all levels of the stack (Client, Network, API Layer, Server, Database, OS)
- Produce clean, secure, testable, maintainable, reusable, well-documented code, and participate in regular code reviews
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work closely with Product Owner on data-driven product development
- Work closely with QA on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Optimize applications for performance, scalability, security and user experience
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new tools and technologies to maximize development efficiency, consistency, and quality
- Drive Agile development methodology and mindset and DevOps best practices
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject or equivalent demonstrated experience
- 8+ years of experience with web/mobile application development with a focus on the back end
- 8+ years of work experience in software development or closely related field
- Demonstrated success creating cloud-based microservices using Node.js. TypeScript preferred.
- Demonstrated success developing and consuming APIs and microservices to facilitate data access, business logic and workflow (RESTful services, JSON, GraphQL)
- Proficiency leveraging data from various sources including RDBMS and NoSQL, PouchDB/CouchDB expertise preferred
- Ability to participate in the design and agile evolution of solutions and influence, challenge and defend technology decisions, not just execute static requirements
- Knowledge of continuous integration, continuous delivery (CI/CD) and automated software pipeline
- Deep experience with Agile Methodology (Scrum and Kanban) and associated tools such as JIRA/Confluence
- Disciplined approach to development including quality, testing, and documentation
- Great communication, collaboration, teaming, self-management, and organization skills
- Broad skills with encapsulation and extensibility using object-oriented concepts, design, patterns, and languages
- Analytical skills in problem solving and troubleshooting
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly develop working relationships
- Personally-motivated to excel in assignments, continuously self-educate, and mentor other team members
Mindset & Behaviors
- Assertive, with the confidence to voice issues/roadblocks and provide insights across the team
- Brings a high-energy, positive, and passionate outlook to the role with a sense of ownership
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status.