Field Operator/Line Locator
About DCP Midstream:
DCP Midstream is the largest processor of natural gas and natural gas liquids producer, working to ensure that the country has clean energy to warm homes, manufacture goods, and produce consumer products. We are a “must-run” company, and as such, we offer an increased level of stability. We are committed to greatness in everything we do - from operating efficiently, reliably, and safely to being a responsible community partner. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, DCP Midstream operates assets in 17 states.
We Offer Some Great Benefits:
- Competitive salary plus bonus potential
- Outstanding 401k plan with company match
- Comprehensive medical, dental, & vision insurance benefits
- Employee-matching charitable gifts program
- And more!
With about 67,500 miles of pipeline, our field operators protect our pipelines against foreign line crossings, bores and encroachments. Our operators will participate in Public Awareness meetings and Emergency Response. Daily duties will varying greatly, but will include line locating, pigging, emergency response and valve operations.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Staking/flagging pipelines
- Locating pipelines
- Monitoring Excavations during third party encroachments
- Responding and acting on Aerial Patrol reports
- Verifying and/or replacing pipeline marker signs
- Escorting and ensuring safety with contractors for misc., work, weed spraying, etc.
- Assisting NGL Technicians with filter change outs, pump maintenance, valve repairs, etc.
- Performing DOT required valve inspections
- Assisting in pigging operations
- Completing the necessary DOT 195 reports and documentation for line crossings, aerial patrols, exposed pipe inspections, and valve inspections, etc.
- Issuing Hot Work Permits and excavation permits.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- High school degree or GED
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Must be willing to work overtime and handle call-outs.
- Currently live, or be willing to relocate, to within 35 miles of the reporting location. Must have a reliable means of contact for call-out purposes.
- Two (2) years previous experience with compressor station operation and maintenance
- Mechanical aptitude
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status