About DCP Midstream
DCP Midstream is the largest processor of natural gas and natural gas liquids producer ensuring the country has clean energy to warm homes, manufacture goods, and produce consumer products. We are a “must-run” company and we are committed to greater in everything we do—from operating efficiently, reliably and safely to being a responsible community partner. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, DCP Midstream operates assets in 17 states.
Responsible for accuracy and timeliness of natural gas transactions; including transportation, storage, trading and commodity derivatives associated with physical transactions. Assist in reporting to Management the business results with analysis and explanation of all significant variances from plan. Take the lead in solving problems.
- Assist in the monthly accounting and closing cycle, including ensuring all current month transactions are accurately recorded, account analysis and reconciliation procedures
- Ensure that transactions are recorded in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and company policies
- Ensure all balance sheet items are valid and supportable
- Accrue transactions on an estimate basis and true up upon receipts of actual data as needed
- Process sale and purchase transactions of natural gas for assigned assets accurately and timely
- Pay commodity and transportation invoices accurately and timely
- Foster a strong relationship with the Commercial organization and clearly communicate financial and operating results to that organization
- Ensure all applicable regulatory reporting requirements are met with timeliness and accuracy
- Provide assistance and information for internal and external audits
- Participate in testing for system implementations and updates
- Generate ongoing financial and management reports relating to transactions and balances in assigned accounts
- Apply analytical review to system generated reports and schedules to ensure transactions are properly recorded in the accounting systems
- Answer and resolve internal and external customer inquiries
Scope Of Responsibility:
- This position provides assistance/services to all levels of employees within the financial department.
- Day-to-day responsibilities require the ability to work with minimal detailed instruction and to maintain flexibility in effectively utilizing staff members to accomplish objectives.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels and disciplines of the organization
- Adheres to the highest standards of ethical behavior when carrying out job responsibilities
- PeopleSoft and/or Allegro experience preferred
- Advanced skills in use of Microsoft Office applications and company specific accounting and operations systems
- Understanding and application of generally accepted accounting principles
- Excellent analytical skills
- Flexibility to work overtime during peak periods
Education or Formal Training Minimum:
Requires a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration or a similar degree field, OR equivalent experience and training. CPA or similar professional designation is highly desired.
0-2 years related accounting experience as a degreed professional or equivalent related accounting experience and training as a non-degreed professional. Consistently meets and often exceeds performance expectations.
Must be able to move from location to location, hear and be heard, prepare written communications, present information to others, enter data into various programs, and be able to stoop and bend on a frequent basis.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status.