Financial Analyst II
Are you a creative financial analyst, looking for autonomy and creativity within your role? Are you looking for a fun, laid back group that’s progressive and has high visibility within a company? Are you naturally curious, and like to investigate things and want to learn more about the oil/gas industry? If so, we need to talk about the current Financial Analyst role DCP is hiring for!
We Offer Some Great Benefits:
- Competitive salary plus bonus potential
- Outstanding 401k plan with company match
- Comprehensive medical, dental, & vision insurance benefits
- Employee-matching charitable gifts program
- And more!
About DCP Midstream:
DCP Midstream is the largest processor of natural gas and natural gas liquids producer, working to ensure that the country has clean energy to warm homes, manufacture goods, and produce consumer products. We are a “must-run” company, and as such, we offer an increased level of stability. We are committed to greatness in everything we do - from operating efficiently, reliably, and safely to being a responsible community partner. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, DCP Midstream operates assets in 17 states.
As a Financial Analyst at DCP, you will be responsible for coordinating and maintaining an asset(s)’ modeling, budgeting, forecasting, and Internal and External Management Reporting as required for both earnings and operating expenses in the designated region with an emphasis on trend analysis (60% Focus). You will also work directly with the Operations and Commercial Teams in economic modeling of new business opportunities, contract renegotiations, system optimization, and other margin improvement items (40% Focus).
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Build, update and maintain financial models to produce monthly margin and operating expense forecasts through direct collaboration with region Asset/Managing Directors; also provide them strategic outlooks and long-term planning for asset development
- Reports monthly variance analysis and forecasting to DCP Midstream Corporate Office and ensures process and data consistency
- Coordinates and leads the annual planning and budgeting cycle for the operational areas in the assigned region as required for volumes, margins and operating expenses
- Create ad hoc reports using data from a variety of sources to answer questions posed from management and to provide trend analysis to improve margin opportunities and operating expenses
- Communicates historical and expected results to Business Unit senior leadership and executive management through management reports and presentations. This is to include monthly, quarterly, & YTD financial results
- Prepares, analyzes, and manages routine and ad-hoc Business Unit forecasts through coordination with Business Unit leadership
- Finance support for new business opportunities with producers, including building economic models; creating PowerPoint presentations with results; running economic sensitivities; and building multiple scenarios/contingencies
- Special projects related to dispositions/acquisitions, strategic planning support, and other senior management requests
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor's degree (Accounting or Finance preferred)
- 4+ years Accounting and/or Financial Planning & Analysis experience at professional level
- Excellent computer skills with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint and aptitude to effectively learn company specific accounting and operations systems
- Strong financial, analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels in the organization – a true team player
- Must be self disciplined and a self starter. This role does not always have a lot of direction but instead an end goal in mind and looking for someone to jump in and find solutions
- Must demonstrate initiative and ability to prioritize workload
- Natural gas/midstream industry experience a plus
Apply online here, and we’ll be in touch ASAP to discuss whether this opportunity could be the right fit for you.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status