The Director of Technology will be an ambitious, visionary who drives strategy with the responsibility and focus on software, data, and emerging technologies. This position will develop and implement cutting edge solutions to address global business opportunities. This position leads roadmap strategy and execution of APR’s global client-facing database platform and future suite of tools.
An entrepreneurial spirit will allow the Director of Technology to overcome older technologies, lead future growth by charting out strategic plans to improve end user experience, and expedite problem solving with cost reductions for the bottom line. This role will report to the Managing Director, Innovation and Strategy.
The scope of the Director of Technology responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and manage an onsite administrator and off-site development team
- Analyze and oversee development roadmap
- Research and communicate new technologies and products of the future to the company and executive team
- Assist with client presentations to sell our SAAS tools; gather feedback on existing tools; determine future development roadmap
- Strategize on emerging technologies with partners, vendors and others within the company
- Network with IT community to maintain product and market knowledge
- Attend conferences to stay on top of emerging technologies and to represent the company
- Implement technology improvements for growing client demands
- This role is the main stakeholder in the company’s data/analytics operation
- Strong team player with the ability to lead and motivate others
- Solid business writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate technical language to a non-technical audience
- Create and deliver presentations and demonstrations for both internal and external audiences or potential partners/clients
- Establish metrics to measure effectiveness and drive improvements against internal and industry benchmarks
Experience – Specific to the position
- Technical software development- working with data/databases/analytics
- Agile project experience
- Experience with emerging technologies (AI, VR, Machine Learning, DAM, Analytics, Media metrics) a plus
- Background in Marketing/Advertising industry Is beneficial
- Experience reporting to a leadership team or top management
- Understanding of AWS – Amazon Web Service platform and portfolio
- Experience with emerging technologies (AI, VR, Machine Learning, DAM, Analytics, Media metrics) a plus.
- Ability to work in APR Headquarters in Denver, Colorado. Or Located in Chicago, IL with the ability to work remotely from own/home office space. Most work to be completed in own/home designated work-office.
- Travel required for client engagements, APR meetings, etc.
- Must be able to work across multiple time zones on a regular basis, as well as have sensitivities to regional cultures and ways of working
- Should be able to manage own work schedule. As long as work is completed on time, breaks in the day/week are taken at worker’s discretion
- Must be able to work independently without day to day direct oversight
- Frequently on phone calls/conference calls requiring phone/head set/or skype use as preferred
- Ability to sit for long periods of time, stoop, reach, bend throughout the course of the work day
- Ability to work on computers including repetitive use of a keyboard and mouse throughout the work day
- Based on client or APR meetings, flexible work schedule may be necessary
- The ability to vary work day and location is helpful
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job. Other duties may be assigned by supervisor.