About DCP Midstream
DCP Midstream is the largest processor of natural gas and natural gas liquids producer ensuring the country has clean energy to warm homes, manufacture goods, and produce consumer products. We are a “must-run” company and we are committed to greater in everything we do—from operating efficiently, reliably and safely to being a responsible community partner. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, DCP Midstream operates assets in 17 states.
To develop and implement the procedures to comply with federal, state and local tax regulations and provide tax compliance advice/interpretations.
- Responsible for complex projects associated with the maintenance of tax records.
- Independently prepares complex local, state and federal tax returns, and related reports.
- Independently prepares complex statistical and financial reports, including periodic tax accruals/deaccruals and account reconciliations.
- Conducts compliance assurance reviews of tax returns and requirements.
- Responds to and resolves notices of tax deficiency timely and accurately.
- Effectively handles vendor disputes to meet customer satisfaction, and fiduciary and legal considerations.
- Maintains tax records and prepares miscellaneous tax analyses and assignments. Utilizes computer to input, retrieve, or display tax information.
- Maintains working knowledge of existing and proposed tax regulations.
- Provides tax interpretations and technical tax advice to staff.
- Identifies and substantiates eligibility for tax exemption, participating in the progression of tax audits, dealing directly with tax auditors, evaluating audit controversies, and providing recommendations to management regarding the resolution of audit issues.
- Maintains tax determination database, developing rules in accordance with local and multi-state tax regulations and requirements.
- Initiates cross-functional collaboration to realize and propose tax savings and strategies.
- May act as lead person or technical tax expert and provides leadership and direction to less experienced tax staff.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- This position has no direct reports.
- This position has no financial or budgetary expenditure authorities and must obtain supervisory approval for any expenditure.
- This position provides assistance/services to all levels of employees within the financial department.
- Job duties are broad in nature, usually requiring astuteness, originality and ingenuity.
- Incumbent performs functions independently and has appreciable latitude for unreviewed action and decision. Works with minimal supervision, conferring with superiors on unusual matters.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Incumbent must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must have expert level Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Must have advanced ten-key and advanced math skills.
- Incumbent must have expert level skills working with business query and sales and use tax compliance applications.
- Incumbent will have extensive knowledge of tax accounting and compliance regulations including, but not limited to, federal and multi-state rules and regulations.
- Incumbent will apply this knowledge to complete difficult assignments
Incumbent must have a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration or a similar degree field, OR equivalent experience and training. Incumbent must have advanced degree or CPA
Incumbent will have 8-10 years professional financial experience with 6 or more years of tax accounting experience.