NGL Maintenance/Construction Specialist
About DCP Midstream:
DCP Midstream is the largest processor of natural gas and natural gas liquids producer, working to ensure that the country has clean energy to warm homes, manufacture goods, and produce consumer products. We are a “must-run” company, and as such, we offer an increased level of stability. We are committed to greatness in everything we do - from operating efficiently, reliably, and safely to being a responsible community partner. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, DCP Midstream operates assets in 17 states.
We Offer Some Great Benefits:
- Competitive salary plus bonus potential
- Outstanding 401k plan with company match
- Comprehensive medical, dental, & vision insurance benefits
- Employee-matching charitable gifts program
- And more!
As the NGL Maintenance and Construction Specialist, you will coordinate and oversee all NGL pipeline and Right of Way (ROW) maintenance activities. You’ll serve as the primary point of contact, and facilitator for pipeline integrity activities (In Line Inspection (ILI) Digs, rehab, repair, etc). You will manage emergency response readiness by ensuring critical equipment and parts are on hand, and contractors are pre-qualified and ready to be called at a moment’s notice.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Coordinate all aspects of non-routine pipeline maintenance activities within geographically assigned area as well as determine frequency and schedule of maintenance activities
- Initiate requests for service, develop project scope, monitor project status, invoicing, and quality control
- Assure economic execution through proper planning, scheduling, budgeting, and cost management
- Communicate and coordinate maintenance activities that will disrupt pipeline flow rates with other departments including, Commercial, Marketing and local Reliability Coordinator; and also work together to develop a schedule that will maximize efficiency and facility reliability/availability
- Selects vendors to perform maintenance activities, or coordinates with Operations Supervisor if DCP staff will perform the work; as well as determine/negotiate vendor fees
- Received reports of any pipeline issues (such as exposed pipe), reports issues to upper management
- If repair is prioritized and authorized, oversees all aspects of completing the work including approval of proposed repair method
- Manage remediation of pipe exposures and high risk shallow pipe
- Other duties as assigned
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- High School degree or equivalent is required
- NACE II certification or welding certification both preferred, but not required
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- 5 years of Liquid Pipeline Maintenance or Operations experience is preferred
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of pipeline equipment, repair and maintenance
- Ability to use hand tools, power tools, and electronic diagnostic equipment as well as a high level of computer proficiency
- Ability to examine/analyze equipment for defects
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills with ability to provide leadership and to be able to guide and coordinate work activities being performed by company or contract personnel.
- Must have a history of being able to work as part of a team, maintain professional relationships with internal and external customers and be extremely dependable and reliable and be able to work under stress of deadlines.
Apply online here, and we’ll be in touch ASAP to discuss whether this opportunity could be the right fit for you.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status