Mechanical Applications Engineer
Are you fascinated by the growing electric vehicle market, and want an opportunity to work within this industry? Are you a Mechanical Applications Engineer who enjoys working closely with customers to design products as well as troubleshooting issues? Do you love collaborating and working with others to provide your customers the best possible solutions? If so, let’s talk because Bossard is seeking someone like you for their newly created role as a Mechanical Applications Engineer.
We offer some great benefits:
- Work for a global, industry leading organization with substantial growth and career opportunities. They continue to build out their west-coast operations, so join now to be a contributor to the company growth as well as your own!
- Be part of the team developing new strategies and innovative ideas for servicing an age old market through a brand new Design/Innovation Center in the bay area
- Strong base salary plus bonus, full benefits and much more!
- Diversity within the role as no two days are the same.
- Work closely with large, innovative customers creating disruptive and cutting edge solutions in their markets
Bossard is a market leader in providing assembly solutions for final assembly manufacturers around the world, and are the key players and a dominating power-house in the electric vehicle industry! Their unique offering of technical consulting, global supply base and inventory management services positions them as a key supply chain partner to their clients. They are currently looking for an Outside Sales Representative in an established market area.
Who is Bossard? Watch this video to find out: https://www.youtube.com/user/BossardGroup
As a Mechanical Applications Engineer, you will provide support and overall technical service to customers in regards to their fastening solutions. You will serve as a primary resource to Bossard customers, while managing multiple technical projects related to product application and fastening technology issues as well as provide fastening technology support to customers’ new product development process according to contractual agreements.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Perform fastener rationalization/commonization/standardization studies and recommend professional solutions. Introduce new fastening solutions (products/process) to customers as appropriate.
- Utilize defined problem solving methodology to identify root causes of product application/quality problems. Propose process-oriented improvements applicable to customer, supplier, and/or Bossard quality or operational functions.
- Interact with and serve as liaison between various functional groups of organization (Sales, Quality, Purchasing) and customers to improve processes and procedures, with regard to product and system quality.
- Review quality trends to prevent or reduce customer application problems, determine problem causes, and initiate actions to correct them; present validity in potential solutions.
- Provide technical instruction to customers’ engineering personnel.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Minimum of 5 years mechanical product design experience in a manufacturing environment
- Requires knowledge of mechanical and manufacturing engineering, and some knowledge of chemistry to assist with decisions related to coating materials and processes. Requires knowledge of assembly techniques.
- Experience with 3D CAD
- Familiar with current concepts, practices, and procedures of QA & QC .
- Position requires travel to customer sites mainly in the bay area (little to no over-night travel, so you can be home every night with your family)
Additional Benefits Provided:
Health & Dental Plans, Life & Supplemental Life Insurance, Short & Long-term Disability, 401(k), Vacation & Holiday Pay
Bossard Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/bossardamerica/?hc_ref=SEARCH&fref=nf
Apply online here, and we’ll be in touch ASAP to discuss whether this opportunity could be the right fit for you.