Do you want to live in the mountains? Are you a Civil Engineer looking for a new opportunity? Do you want to work for a growing company in a growing market that offers rapid advancement for high-performing individuals eager for a challenge? Do you enjoy working with well-known clients and on a variety of challenging projects? SGM is currently seeking a Civil Engineer to join their growing team in Durango, CO.
Some great perks:
- Mountain living where you can ski, hike, bike, fish, camp, hunt, mountain bike, and don’t have to deal with the weekend traffic!
- SGM has been contributing engineering solutions to Colorado communities for several decades.
- SGM is a multidisciplinary engineering firm where they have varying disciplines under one roof – civil, structural, water resources and other engineering services
- Working for a company with a fabulous reputation that is committed to quality service and forming long term client relationships
- SGM is the largest full-service engineering, surveying and consulting firm based in western Colorado
What you’ll be doing:
- land development and the application review;
- civil engineering including drainage analysis and design, site design and grading, streetscapes, permitting, etc.;
- water and wastewater systems and other utilities such as electric, stormwater and more;
- road and trail design and construction;
- capital improvement planning, budgeting, and municipal financing;
- traffic engineering
- construction administration and project delivery
Minimum qualifications for the successful candidate are:
- Strong desire to live, work, and play in Western Colorado
- BS in Civil Engineering or related field
- Current Colorado PE license or the ability to obtain Colorado PE
- Progressive experience providing civil engineering services for municipal and development projects
- Experience preparing engineering drawings, specifications and cost estimates
- Experience supporting projects during the construction phase
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Project management experience with strong performance record
- Progressive direct staff supervision experience and strong client service skills
- AutoCAD/Civil 3D, Microsoft Office, and other industry standard software proficiency
Additional preferred qualifications:
- Master’s degree in civil engineering or related field
- Progressive experience as a lead client service/relationship manager
- Track record of successfully developing new business
- Experience with engineering issues facing rural and resort communities
- Active member of relevant professional organizations
Yes, we have more benefits!
401(K) with company match, Health, Vision & Dental Plans, Life & Supplemental Life Insurance, Short & Long-term Disability, Vacation & Holiday Pay, Cafeteria Plan – Healthcare FSA and Dependent Care FSA, Transportation Benefits
TalenTrust works with rapidly growing, middle market companies who value their people. We are our client’s recruitment partner and identify exceptional talent to accelerate their growth. Unlike traditional staffing models, our recruitment process ensures full integration to capture a client’s culture and employment brand. We provide a personalized and collaborative value proposition to both the candidate and client.