Position Title: Director of Public Affairs
DCP Midstream is the largest processor of natural gas and natural gas liquids producer ensuring the country has clean energy to warm homes, manufacture goods, and produce consumer products. We are a “must-run” company and we are committed to greater in everything we do—from operating efficiently, reliably and safely to being a responsible community partner. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, DCP Midstream operates assets in 17 states.
The Director of Public Affairs provides leadership and direction in creating comprehensive communications strategies to advance the company’s vision, goals and culture among internal and external audiences. This includes: public relations, media relations, internal communications, event planning, community/giving programming, and social media initiative development, as well as performing as company spokesperson. The ideal candidate will have a strong passion and comprehensive expertise regarding employee and business communications best practices that drive business and organizational results.
- Work with the executive leadership to establish overall communications strategies for the company and lead public affairs team to execute upon deliverables that fuel DCP’s vision, goals, culture, and employment brand.
- Oversee internal communications efforts via such channels as the intranet, social media, executive communication, employee meetings and other employee events.
- Partner to develop and support the communication strategies and deliverables for various departments/functions in the company.
- .Perform as a company spokesperson and maintain primary responsibility for media response and correspondence.
- Direct public aspect of any issue or crisis, including emergency response communication strategies and implementation.
- Lead, mentor and coach public affairs team.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, or related field or equivalent experience is required, an advanced degree is preferred.
- 8+ years demonstrated expertise and leadership in building comprehensive internal and external communications strategies.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated expertise and leadership in building a comprehensive internal and external communications strategy.
- Innovative thinker with the ability to translate strategic thinking into business-building solutions and actions.
- Experience with media relations and crisis communications.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication.
- Enthusiastic team player that builds a positive, collaborative work environment and relationships.