‘More is Possible’ is our mantra and we live it every day at DesignPoint. We are a dynamic company in the engineering/manufacturing software, services and 3D Printing industry that has been innovating for over 20 years. We are growing at a 25% clip year over year and we do not subscribe to the idea that you should conform to the status quo, or stay small to stay safe. We are committed to supporting the personal growth of our team and maintaining the entrepreneurial spirit that drives us to inspire a fun and engaging atmosphere where all our team members can thrive.
DesignPoint is currently seeking a passionate engineer who enjoys engaging with customers and wants to join our SOLIDWORKS Technical Team as an Application Engineer focused primarily on SOLIDWORKS Product Data Management (PDM).
SOME OF THE COOL THINGS YOU WILL BE DOING IN THIS ROLE:
- DEMONSTRATING: Developing and presenting webinars & demos to show prospects how SOLIDWORKS can eliminate their problems while offering a timely return on investment
- SUPPORTING: Assisting our customer's SOLIDWORKS users on our technical support hotline as they learn to best incorporate the tool in their design process
- PROFESSIONAL SERVICES: Introducing, implementing and configuring data management software to make our new and existing customers more efficient.
- TRAINING: Conducting structured training classes in our DP offices and at customer sites
- TECHNICAL EXPERTISE: Attending Customer Needs Meetings with our talented Sales team members to help understand the problems our prospects experience in their design processes and answer any technical questions they may have
- LEARNING & GROWING: Achieving technical certifications and attending world-class corporate training to develop your professional skills. You’ll have the opportunity to become a subject-matter expert in SOLIDWORKS products, as well as develop into a leader in project or team management!
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field is required
- Minimum 2 years of 3D CAD Experience (e.g.: Pro/E, Inventor, Solid Edge) is required; SOLIDWORKS experience is a plus
- Experience with CAD data management software is required
- Personable, hardworking, autonomous, team player with a positive, solution-oriented attitude and excellent customer service skills
- The ability to listen and respond (verbally and in writing) in a professional, friendly manner with all levels of customers and team members
- Reliable transportation and a valid Driver's License to get to and from customer and office sites
Yes we have benefits:
- Competitive base Salary
- Company-paid Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Great time off benefits, including 2+ weeks’ vacation to start and paid company holidays
- Coaching by senior sales and leadership team members, as well as account manager mentoring
- Personal development including and an excellent onboarding plan and ongoing product and industry training