Job Title: Senior Advertising Sales Representative
Location: Aurora, CO (near I-225 and Parker Road)
Energy Central is a 20-year old news, information and media company serving professionals working in the global power industry. We are a small team of a couple dozen passionate individuals who come to work every day to make a difference in the power industry.
At Energy Central we are building a great company with a focused group of high quality people. We live and breathe the following traits:
- Motivation and Energy – This comes from inside and cannot be easily trained. It comes from upbringing, life experience and personal desire. We only hire and keep employees who are motivated to contribute and demonstrate the consistent energy needed to win in a highly competitive world.
- Continuous Learning – We hire and keep employees who demonstrate an intense desire to be better as a person, in their skills, as a leader and in their knowledge. The world is changing too fast for any company to stand still. Our company will only grow if our people are continuously learning and growing.
- Teamwork, Leadership & Communication – Our success as a company depends upon the ability of each individual to work as part of a team, and to help each other solve problems and grow personally and professionally.
- Mission of Service – Our customers are our lifeblood. We want to win customers for life, which means we need to treat them like that.
- Trust – Ethics and honesty are important in every part of our business, both in the way we work with our customers and vendors, and the way we treat each other. Delivering on commitments and promises is a foundation for building trust.
As the B2B media industry has changed, so have we. We have launched a new community platform for the global power industry and we have a position for an experienced digital marketing sales professional.
You will help us launch and grow advertising and content marketing sales on the platform.
The platform and offerings are unique in our industry. You will need to clearly communicate and consult with our customers to bring them on board as advertisers and partners.
- You will be working with two other advertising & marketing services sales professionals. We work as a team so everyone can be more successful.
- We have a flexible work environment, but we are all here to deliver results for our customers, our employees and our company.
- As a small company, we all wear multiple hats. And we are always working on new product offerings. If you don’t like change, this is not the job for you. However, as a small company, everyone can contribute in a big way and have an impact that is visible and appreciated!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Prospecting: Self-directed prospecting and sales of advertising and marketing services to mid- to senior level marketing professionals in firms serving the global power industry.
- Conversion: Professionally turn prospects into customers, providing solutions that meet their needs from a portfolio of marketing solutions.
- Customer Satisfaction: Build long-term business relationships, based on providing advice, solutions and value to our customers.
- Make the Team Better: Work in a way that supports and enhances the entire marketing services team.
- Success in sales at Energy Central equals success in three areas: Production, Conversion and Satisfaction.
- Production is the beginning of the sales funnel. Regular consistent prospecting to continuously build a base of prospects and relationships.
- Conversion is the skill of moving a prospect through the sales funnel to a solution that fits their needs and then closing the sale.
- Satisfaction is the ability to manage customer expectations and relationships and work internally within the company to ensure that we deliver excellent results to the customer.
What We Are Looking For:
Sales (must have):
- Successful consultative sales of B2B services or advertising between $20,000 and $100,000 per deal.
- Successful phone prospecting & sales track record.
- Professional sales knowledge and education.
- Excellent listening and ‘reframing’ skills.
Marketing (nice to have):
- Education or experience in marketing.
Utilities or Power Industry (nice to have):
- Experience in utilities or power industry.
- Smart – These are creative sales and this person will have to develop and design custom packages and campaigns, not just ‘sell an ad’.
- Listener – These are consultative sales, requiring excellent listening skills.
- Likable – These are relationship sales and our customers buy from people they like.
- Tenacious – We need to push past objections and hurdles and competition, without being obnoxious.
Base compensation is highly competitive and aligned with your experience and success in digital marketing services sales. If you love sales, love advertising and marketing and love interacting with marketers, you’ll see a nice upside with commissions. But we all work hard for that success. While we have a great base of customers, you’ll need to build on that base and grow your book of business.
TalenTrust works with rapidly growing, middle market companies who value their people. We are our client’s recruitment partner and identify exceptional talent to accelerate their growth. Unlike traditional staffing models, our recruitment process ensures full integration to capture a client’s culture and employment brand. We provide a personalized and collaborative value proposition to both the candidate and client.
Find out more about us by visiting our website www.TalenTrust.com.
TalenTrust and our partners are Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employers and welcome all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.