About DCP Midstream:
At DCP Midstream we touch almost 12% of our nation's natural gas supply. We have an impressive history of success, but we're not resting on our laurels. Wouter van Kempen, DCP's energetic CEO, has ambitious plans to keep us out front in the Natural Gas industry. We have an all-new cultural vision (DCP 2020) and we are embarking on an aggressive Accelerated Technology Transformation Project (DCP 2.0) utilizing cutting edge technology systems to dramatically improve and transform our core business operations.
As part of the DCP 2.0 team, you'll have the ability to fundamentally impact DCP's technical direction and operations as we transform the way we run our industry-leading business.
What You Will Do
- Design and develop dynamic, performant, and reusable microservices that are consumable in a cloud-based architecture
- Create clear, consistent, and easy-to-use APIs
- Integrate with multiple services, data sources, and systems via varied protocols
- Analyze and solve problems across all levels of the stack (Client, Network, API Layer, Server, Database, OS)
- Produce clean, secure, testable, maintainable, reusable, well-documented code, and participate in regular code reviews
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work closely with Product Owner on data-driven product development
- Work closely with QA on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Optimize applications for performance, scalability, security and user experience
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new tools and technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Follow Agile development methodology and DevOps practices
Who You Are
You are a Back-End Developer with experience in creating quality, dynamic, scalable, and secure services for consumption by web or mobile applications and/or other services, in an agile setting. You thrive in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and a wide set of responsibilities within the team. You are capable of interacting directly with business stakeholders to define and fine-tune requirements and working alongside other developers, designers, QA, product owners, and scrum masters. You can guide a team to implement features to full completion.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject or equivalent demonstrated experience
- 8+ years of experience with web/mobile application development with a focus on the back end
- 8+ years of work experience in software development or closely related field
- Demonstrated success creating cloud-based microservices using Node.js. TypeScript preferred.
- Demonstrated success developing and consuming APIs and microservices to facilitate data access, business logic and workflow (RESTful services, JSON, GraphQL)
- Proficiency leveraging data from various sources including RDBMS and NoSQL, PouchDB/CouchDB expertise preferred
- Ability to participate in the design and agile evolution of solutions and influence, challenge and defend technology decisions, not just execute static requirements
- Knowledge of continuous integration, continuous delivery (CI/CD) and automated software pipeline
- Deep experience with Agile Methodology (Scrum and Kanban) and associated tools such as JIRA/Confluence
- Disciplined approach to development including quality, testing, and documentation
- Great communication, collaboration, teaming, self-management, and organization skills
- Broad skills with encapsulation and extensibility using object-oriented concepts, design, patterns, and languages
- Analytical skills in problem solving and troubleshooting
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly develop working relationships
- Personally motivated to excel in assignments, continuously self-educate, and mentor other team members
Mindset & Behaviors
- Assertive, with the confidence to voice issues/roadblocks and provide insights across the team
- Brings a high-energy, positive, and passionate outlook to the role with a sense of ownership
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status.