Company: Power & Tel
Position: Product Manager
Location: Memphis, TN
We are looking for a product manager to join our team in Memphis, TN. This person will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing the business plans for their product portfolio. You'll also collaborate with the marketing department for assigned product categories and manage vendor relationships. The product manager is responsible for driving sales and profit growth for assigned product lines and adjusting strategies to meet the needs of the business.
- Increase the profitability of Power & Tel
- Product Lines/Vendor Plans
- Develops strategic and tactical plans for sales and profitability growth.
- Trains our sales team on our plan.
- Plan Execution and Monitoring
- Performs and coordinates sales training, monitoring the effort and effectiveness.
- Manages pricing and costing for optimal profits.
- Tracks mayor customer deals and assists in closing.
- Tracks overall results and performance against plan goals, taking corrective action as required.
- Monitors direction of the market and of Power & Tel, including analysis of performance vs. competitors.
- Negotiates winning and improving deals for Power & Tel. Including, but not limited, to negotiations with vendors to get the best overall cost, rebates and Co-Op funds.
- Aligns Power & Tel team with key vendors’ stakeholders.
- Negotiates with vendors to set Power & Tel for a high probability of success by considering opportunities and strategies that:
- Fit our skill set
- Develop high potential growth areas.
- Complement (non-competes) with current lines.
- Maximize our reach across areas and markets.
- Relationships Development
- Vendors: maintains personal contact with important vendor staff.
- Sales: collaborates extensively with sales teams to implement and monitor plans, working directly with sales managers, District Sales Managers (DSMs), and Account Managers (AMs).
- Marketing: works with marketing team to coordinate the marketing activities of the assigned product categories, including program literature, collateral material, and market research.
- Operations: coordinates with purchasing team to monitor inventory levels and to support stock rotations/returns.
- Coordinates and participation in quarterly business reviews with key vendors and P&T management.
- Financial Monitoring
- Monitors products lines for: Profits, Profit Growth, Turns and Earns (T&E).
- Promotes the best products, by considering higher margin and growth potential.
- Finds and launches new products. Provides initial forecasts for new products and insures products are launched on time and within planned financial parameters
- Culls obsolete or under-performing products.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge and expertise of the product category, technology trends, and evolving consumer behavior patterns.
- Telecommunications industry expertise.
- Attentive to detail, communication skills, strong negotiation skills, strong leadership abilities, strong organization skills, customer/employee relations skills, delegation skills, diplomacy in difficult situations, flexible to change, management skills, mathematical skills, advanced Microsoft excel skills, motivation skills, and problem-solving skills.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Electrical Engineering, or Communications is preferred, but not required.