Corrosion CP Technician II
Are you Corrosion Technician looking for a stable, well-established company with room for growth? DCP Midstream is seeking a Corrosion CP Technician based out of our plant in Midland, TX. This will be a great match for you if you are either new to oil and gas, or an experienced technician looking for your next opportunity with a “must run” company.
We Offer Some Great Benefits:
- Competitive salary plus bonus potential
- Outstanding 401k plan with company match
- Comprehensive medical, dental, & vision insurance benefits
- Employee-matching charitable gifts program
- And more!
About DCP Midstream:
DCP Midstream is the largest processor of natural gas and natural gas liquids producer, working to ensure that the country has clean energy to warm homes, manufacture goods, and produce consumer products. We are a “must-run” company, and as such, we offer an increased level of stability. We are committed to greatness in everything we do - from operating efficiently, reliably, and safely to being a responsible community partner. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, DCP Midstream operates assets in 17 states.
To learn more about DCP, please watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hx4K5yZGYg
A Corrosion CP Technician is responsible for testing equipment and instrumentation for corrosion, making cathodic protection pipe to soil surveys, reading rectifiers as well as recording readings. The Technician will also inspect, investigate, and analyze the data collected from findings on atmospheric corrosion on DCP Facilities; along with performing close interval surveys, collecting and analyzing data.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Perform remedial action according to data results as well as inspect and maintain CP equipment
- Maintain and complete records and required reports
- Prepare and edit existing drawings and as-built sketches, while also interpreting internal corrosion (IC) data from coupons and liquid sample collections
- Manage and oversee internal corrosion treatment program including:
- Working with specialty chemical suppliers to monitor and treat pipelines in prevention of internal corrosion
- Interpreting internal corrosion data from coupons and liquid sample collections and taking remedial action
- Evaluating pipeline for internal corrosion root causes and other defects
- Critically evaluating the chemical program and making recommendations for improvements
- Test, repair and monitor shorted casings
- Identify and mitigate AC and DC interference
- Conduct atmospheric corrosion inspections and investigations and analyze the data
- Provide work direction/oversight to crews performing close interval surveys and DCVG/ACVG studies as well as perform remedial actions according to data results
- Maintain records and complete required reports for internal corrosion program and cathodic protection
- Responsible for DOT compliance and audits for assets
- Work with DCP Corrosion software solutions including PCS, XMAP and Maximo
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- NACE certification and CP 2 certification required
- Associates Degree in Corrosion from Kilgore College highly preferred
- Experience with PCS along with Allegro instrumentation experience highly preferred (this is required for someone who has level 1 certificiation only)
- Experience in Pipeline/Natural Gas & NGL conditioning, treating, processing and compression preferred
- Process simulation skills on Promax and Hysys or other similar software packages
- Competent in all Microsoft Office tools and willing to learn to use scheduling software
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to drive company vehicles
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate
Apply online here, and we’ll be in touch ASAP to discuss whether this opportunity could be the right fit for you.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status