Position Title: Measurement Tech
COMPANY : DCP Midstream
About DCP Midstream
DCP Midstream is the largest processor of natural gas and natural gas liquids producer ensuring the country has clean energy to warm homes, manufacture goods, and produce consumer products. We are a “must-run” company and we are committed to greater in everything we do—from operating efficiently, reliably and safely to being a responsible community partner. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, DCP Midstream operates assets in 17 states.
About the Measurement Tech role
Our measurement technicians monitor our volumes and are the first to identify potential needs for preventative maintenance. They use our meters to inform our customers and DCP about our pipeline flows.
What will you be doing?
Gathering measurements and collecting samples. Installation, calibration and repair of electronic equipment including radios, EFM computers, chromatographs. Developing and maintaining relationships with producers.
- Responsible for measurement of high and low pressure gathering systems
- Installation, programming and calibration of Electronic Flow Measurement (EFM) computers
- Calculate volume rates and sizes orifice plates to set flow rates
- Collect gas and liquid samples
- Install, operate and maintain gas and liquid sampling systems
- Install, program, maintain and calibrate portable and stationary gas or liquid chromatographs
- Schedule, complete and witness flow tests on wells using open flow orifice meters and portable meter runs
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot process controls, regulation and relief valves
What should you bring?
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a gas gathering system or plant
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with drawings and schematics
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the measurement field
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience programming and calibrating, installing and repairing EFM computer and gas or liquid chromatographs
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Must be willing to work overtime and handle call-outs
- Currently live, or be willing to relocate, to within 35 miles of the reporting location. Must have a reliable means of contact for call-out purposes
If this position sounds like the right fit for you, apply now with your resume, and, if you are well aligned, we will be in touch to set up a conversation!