Job Title: Manager, Agency Relations
Company: Advertising Production Resources (APR)
Location: Mountain View, CA
Agency Relations is a dynamic, influential team which stewards agency rosters and relationships. Team members are responsible for a wide spectrum of agencies and work across the entire gamut of marketing teams and projects. From leading and establishing the basics on marketing process, to establishing agency relationships and rosters, to taking a deeper dive into production and it’s supporting structure, this is a team of task masters and pied pipers with experience on both client and agency side.
In this role, you will lead agency relations and partner closely with business leads to extend, manage, and evolve the creative resource ecosystem. You’ll drive innovative high impact programs designed to educate key stakeholders and partners, steer projects to the right agencies, and manage the ongoing, aggregate day-to-day relationships.
This is a cross-functional and cross-regional role involving work across many teams, including marketing, creative, digital, legal, finance, procurement, and others, as well as collaborating with regions. This role involves significant contact with agencies and third party partners.
Good oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Work across the marketing and cross functional teams to consolidate, manage, and evolve the creative resource ecosystem
¬ Partner with marketers, global agency relations, supplier sourcing, legal, and business affairs to assess current agency usage, recommend future agency usage, and set up tight agency rosters by critical need area.
- Manage the ongoing, aggregate day-to-day relationships with key agency partners
-- In partnership with global agency relations, and leadership, drive agency review process and bi-annual agency business reviews
. Create a central briefing process, approval flow, and reporting system;
Work across and consult with marketing to connect the right projects with the right creative partner, to coach/help refine briefs, validate budgets and costs, mediate relationships and situations as needed. Work with business affairs, supplier sourcing and agency relations to negotiate rate cards and contracts ¬ Work with third party cost consultant partner, strategic sourcing, and YT marketing leads to roll out
- formal production review process.
Assist with broad training and education of YT marketers in the agency management/creative management spaces
- This position will be on-site with our client in Mountain View, CA
- BA/BS degree (In lieu of degree, 4 years relevant work experience).
- At least 5 years of work experience in brand and technology marketing
- Experience working on both the agency and client side
- Candidates with agency side planning, production, and account management experience preferred, across multiple brands
- Candidates with brand side marketing experience valued
- Proven track record of successfully managing cross¬functional teams and agencies
- Ability to effectively operate in a fast-paced, constantly evolving, team environment
- Ability to influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management.