Job Title: Application Engineer - Electrical Specialist
Reports To: Technical Manager
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Job Classification: Exempt/Salary
Symmetry Solutions Inc is an official SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD software and training provider for the Upper Midwest, servicing Minnesota, Wisconsin, North and South Dakota. SOLIDWORKS helps engineers and designers in any industry meet the demand for innovative, high-quality products. Symmetry Solutions prides themselves on providing the best training to end-users and customer service to their customers, as well as having some of the best engineering minds around.
Symmetry Solutions is searching for a SOLIDWORKS Application Engineer to join their dynamic team. They are the best in the business because their people are the best in the business. If you consider yourself an outgoing engineer who likes to work directly with customers and like to demonstrate and share your extensive product/software knowledge, this is the perfect job for you!
Areas of Responsibility:
The Application Engineer–Electrical Specialist will provide pre and post-sales technical support to our SOLIDWORKS Electrical and SOLIDWORKS PCB customers and provide successful software implementation, training and support. It is your responsibility to insure that customers receive the benefits of our SOLIDWORKS Electrical and SOLIDWORKS PCB solution in their multi-divisional, multi-seat networked license needs. Working in conjunction with other Symmetry Solution’s personnel, DS SOLIDWORKS Corporation and SOLIDWORKS Solution Partners, you are also responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of our business solutions and addressing customer’s requirements over possible multiple locations.
- Identify, evaluate and respond to key business issues of prospects and customers and develop, present and demonstrate SOLIDWORKS Electrical and SOLIDWORKS PCB capabilities
- Work in unison with the technical support team to maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Work closely with sales professionals to stimulate, encourage, establish and develop account relationships for SOLIDWORKS Electrical and SOLIDWORKS PCB products and services
- Quickly and accurately determine a customer’s technical issues with the SOLIDWORKS Electrical or SOLIDWORKS PCB software and troubleshoot to find a solution via telephone, email or live collaborative Internet support services
- Properly document and follow-up on all support cases using our CRM software
- Visit customers onsite to implement and upgrade SOLIDWORKS Electrical and SOLIDWORKS PCB software and facilitate customer success
- Provide customer training for the SOLIDWORKS Electrical and SOLIDWORKS PCB software
- Additional duties as my be added by supervisor
- Electrical Technician with 2+ years of industry experience.
- Experience with electrical schematic (2D) design and documentation.
- A solid understanding of electrical systems layout, wire harnesses and cable assemblies, control systems, and panel layouts.
- A solid ability to read schematics and identify electronic components such as resistors, BJTs, DSPs ASICs, FPGAs, etc.
- Knowledge of EDA Electronic Design Software such as Altium Designer, PADS, OrCAD is preferred
- Understanding of circuit simulation and signal integrity
- Must have strong communication and presentation skills and be comfortable in settings with large groups of diverse customers to smaller groups of senior management with focused needs.
- Ability to administer and use Windows-based computer systems and to troubleshoot computer software and hardware malfunctions.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work with and train others in technical support, demonstration and training methodologies
- Ability to work regular hours as assigned and meet deadlines; must communicate well with the entire Symmetry Solutions team
- Physical requirements of job may include sitting or standing for extended period; walking; some lifting and carrying of objects up to 50 pounds; typing/use of keyboard and phone; frequent verbal and written communication; ability to travel to customer sites locally and occasional long distance trips with overnight stay required
In addition to a competitive base salary, the company offers comprehensive benefits package.
TalenTrust works with rapidly growing, middle market companies who value their people. We are our client’s recruitment partner and identify exceptional talent to accelerate their growth. Unlike traditional staffing models, our recruitment process ensures full integration to capture a client’s culture and employment brand. We provide a personalized and collaborative value proposition to both the candidate and client. www.TalenTrust.com