Do you want to live in the mountains? Are you a Land Surveyor looking for a new opportunity? Do you want to work for a growing company? Do you enjoy working with well-known clients and on a variety of challenging projects? We want you on our growing team at SGM.
SGM is a 90 person civil engineering consulting firm headquartered in Glenwood Springs, CO who is seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented, Land Surveyor to join our Glenwood Springs, CO surveying team.
Some great perks:
- Mountain living where you can ski, hike, bike, fish, camp, and don’t have to deal with the weekend traffic!
- SGM has been contributing engineering and surveying solutions to Colorado communities for several decades.
- SGM is a multidisciplinary engineering firm with several disciplines under one roof – civil, structural, water resources, surveying, and other engineering and construction services.
- Working for a company with a fabulous reputation and is committed to quality service and forming long term client relationships
- SGM is the largest full-service engineering, surveying and consulting firm based in western Colorado
SGM is seeking an experienced Land Surveyor to join their Glenwood Springs team. As a Land Surveyor with SGM, you will have the opportunity to join a strong team of career oriented surveyors who work on a diverse set of projects for both private and municipal clients.
What you will be doing:
- Communicate with client regarding project scope and schedule
- Perform research/review title commitments
- Analyze survey objectives and specifications to prepare survey proposals or to direct others in survey proposal preparation.
- Give survey crews and technicians the direction they need to successfully complete projects.
- Perform QA/QC on survey projects performed by others in the department
- Manage projects from start to finish. Certify survey at completion.
Qualifications for the successful candidate are:
- Colorado PLS or ability to acquire soon
- Experience managing survey crews and technicians
- Progressive land surveying experience
- Diverse surveying experience with GPS and conventional surveying equipment including research, boundary retracement, construction staking, topographic mapping, subdivision platting, ROW plans and legal description preparation
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License
- Physically capable of performing typical land surveying tasks including ability to carry 50+ lbs. of survey gear through mountainous terrain
- Basic understanding of coordinate systems
- Ability to work independently or as part of a crew
- Motivated problem solver
- Ability to work long hours when needed with occasional out of town travel
- Strong desire to live, work, and play in Western Colorado
Additional preferred qualifications:
- AutoCAD Civil 3D proficiency
- MicroStation/InRoads proficiency
- GIS experience
- UAV experience
- Pix4D experience
- Trimble Business Center proficiency
- DOT, CDOT Right of Way, and TMOSS proficiency
Yes, we have more benefits!
401(K) with company match, Health, Vision & Dental Plans, Life & Supplemental Life Insurance, Short & Long-term Disability, Vacation & Holiday Pay, Cafeteria Plan – Healthcare FSA and Dependent Care FSA, Transportation Benefits