Do you want to live in the mountains? Are you an Electrical Engineer looking for a new opportunity? Do you want to work for a growing company with opportunity to move into a leadership position? Do you enjoy working with well-known clients and on a variety of challenging projects? SGM is currently seeking an Electrical Design Engineer to join our growing MEP team.
Some great perks:
- Mountain living where you can ski, hike, bike, fish, camp, hunt, mountain bike, and don’t have to deal with the weekend traffic!
- SGM has been contributing engineering solutions to Colorado communities for several decades.
- SGM is a multidisciplinary engineering firm where they have varying disciplines under one roof – civil, structural, water resources and other engineering services
- Working for a company with a fabulous reputation that is committed to quality service and forming long term client relationships
- SGM is the largest full-service engineering, surveying and consulting firm based in western Colorado
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide electrical engineering services on a diverse mix of projects including commercial, residential, industrial, and municipal projects.
- Manage all aspects of assigned projects, including scope, budget, schedule, client expectations and internal project team performance
- Building and maintaining strong, trusted relationships with a variety of clients, contractors and co-workers.
- Periodically traveling Western Colorado in 1 - 3 day trips, 10-15% of the time.
What you need:
- Strong desire to live, work, and play in Western Colorado.
- Progressive experience in the design of electrical systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Current Colorado PE license in electrical engineering or related field (or the capability to acquire it within 1-2 years of hire).
- General understanding of building codes and construction practices.
- All projects involve a commitment to high-performance systems and therefore experience in energy efficiency, renewable energy, and other high performance strategies is highly valued.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel), AutoCAD, and the ability to learn and use new software
Additional/Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience designing electrical systems with Class 1, Div. 1 & 2 explosion proof switches.
- Experience with custom/specialty lighting controls and design.
Yes, we have more benefits!
401(K) with company match, Health, Vision & Dental Plans, Life & Supplemental Life Insurance, Short & Long-term Disability, Vacation & Holiday Pay, Cafeteria Plan – Healthcare FSA and Dependent Care FSA, Transportation Benefits