Job Title: Market Analyst
Reports To: Director of Marketing
Overview of your role in the company:
Market Analyst is responsible for helping to identify high-value growth opportunities for LA-CO Industries, and establish actionable initiatives using fact-based insights and well-developed commercial strategies. This individual will work as an internal resource working with key stakeholders to assist in the development of new product ideation, channel sales growth strategies, business forecasting, and trends to improve commercial marketing effectiveness. This role requires experience in both market and consumer research, an advanced understanding of business analytics, competitive benchmarking, and a strong ability to effectively communicate complex data. If this sounds like fun to you—keep reading!
Some Great Perks:
- Company supplied laptop and cell phone
- Full time position with competitive pay and benefits
- Healthcare and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Blazing a trail! This position is new and we’re looking for someone to come in with great ideas.
What you’ll be doing
- Developing insightful, fact-based analyses using industry data, customer insights, and analytics.
- Presenting engaging information to senior management in conversations around growth strategy.
- Establishes market and key industry metrics for sales and market share benchmarking, and provides market and industry outlooks for advanced business and channel forecasting.
- Developing full-market capitalization and competitive share analysis.
- Using both primary and secondary research to develop comprehensive consumer insights.
- Collecting and analyses sales information for market pricing and position strategies.
- Building relationships with targeted industry group, trade associations, and technical education programs
- Operating as marketing liaison focusing on category management and brand-growth activities for national accounts.
- One direct report: Market Coordinator
- National trade show participation (10-15% travel required)
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferred. MBA preferred.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a related role (marketing, customer analytics)
- Experience in consumer product goods, food, or in other data-rich environments strongly preferred.
- Proven background in utilizing and generating market research
- Direct experience with CRM sales tools, database management, and statistical reporting
We are a fun group that values people who are challenging the status quo and not afraid to make a mistake in doing so. If you’re honest, motivated, and flexible we’d love to have you join our team!
Yes, we have more benefits!
Health, Vision & Dental, Flexible Spending, Health Savings Account (HSA), 401(k) with company match and Disability & Life Insurance, Optional Additional Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Company Observed Vacation Days